Monday, July 11, 2011

The Ranch

Last month we able to go camping at my Grandpa's old ranch. It was soooo much fun! The ranch was originally owned by my Great Great Grandpa, then my Great Grandpa and then my Grandpa who sold it as he got older. The new owner said we could come use it. We were so excited to go there again and I was thrilled to have my kids enjoy it for the first time.


The kids had so much fun they crashed on the way home

Owen and cousin Matix at the gate to the ranch house
Here we are in front of one of the ponds my Great Grandpa built



We enjoyed swimming, fishing and paddling in the paddle boat

(My Great Grandpa built that water wheel in the background)

Connor caught a fish all on his own!

Owen and matix checking out another water wheel to one of the other ponds


Owen, Leah and I on top of the carport

Connor holding a lizard his uncle caught

Connor on the lookout tower seeing if any cars are coming across the desert

We all had such a good time! Leah said she want s to go to the ranch for her birthday :).

2 comments:

Janell H. said...

That is so cool to think your grandpas built that stuff with their own hands! What a neat thing for your kids to see.

Becca B said...

Great pictures! Thank you for posting.