Friday, September 16, 2011

Bye Bye Crib!

Here is a picture of Connor when he was Owen's age. He got into some vaseline and put it all over his hair and his bed.
You see the crib in the background? That crib was bought by my parents when they were expecting their first baby. It was used by all six of their children. When I was expecting Connor they said I could use it. It was a little beat up from six kids. I painted it white, had all the hardware chromed and bought a new crib mattress. All three of my kids have used it. That little crib has been through 9 kids so far! It is a special crib.

Owen being the explorer that he is, figured out how to climb out of the crib. The problem with that was that he didn't know how to get back in it when he was ready to fall asleep. We would find him in some funny situations asleep. One night I found him asleep on the wood floor, using the rug as a blanket.

This picture is one of my favorite ways I found him when he was suppose to be taking a nap. He had put on Leah's flower rain boots and was alseep standing up with his head on Leah's bed.

So you can see it was time to pack up the crib and put this little guy in a big boy bed :).

*Both of these pictures make my house look so messy! I swear it is clean today! :)



4 comments:

Alyssa Quigley said...

That is totally awesome! Kids sure are hilarious! Charlotte still loves her crib (although she fell out at nine months and also about a month ago), but we're trying to keep her in her crib as long as possible :)

Melinda said...

These pictures are awesome. I'm hoping William will stay in his crib until he's five. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Bre Linds said...

I was laughing so hard when I read that. I love me some Owie.

Janell H. said...

Cally, that picture of him asleep standing up is HILARIOUS!