Sunday, June 7, 2009

Good Movie, Rockets, Kites, and Tacos

We are preparing like crazy for this baby to arrive. I have a huge list of things I would love to get done before he comes. Thanks to Trent and my mom and mother-in-law we have been able to make a huge dent in the list. On Friday Trent's mom came and helped me scrub my kitchen floor really good. I wanted the grout cleaned really well. Now I don't want anyone to eat in the kitchen for 3 weeks! I just want it to stay this way. My mom helped me dust blinds and clean our wood floors good. I don't know what I would do without them. I have really needed help and have learned to accept it easier with this pregnancy. After some chores around the house on Saturday we decided to have a fun evening:

First we went with some of my family (my parents, sister and her husband, and my kids and hubby) to see the movie UP! I loved it. It was so cute and such a great story. I even got emotional more than once in the movie. If you haven't seen it you should check it out.

After the movie we headed to a park and flew some kites. Leah loved it. It was a perfect day to learn to fly a kite.

At the park my brother in law launched some rockets with Connor. It was really fun and funny to watch my dad run all over trying to get away from a crazy rocket that decided to fly sideways rather than up.

After all that we were starving so we headed over to Rubio's for some fantastic fish tacos. (Sorry Breanne. I know you are jealous. Just think we got to enjoy the best tacos in the world- but you get to save orphans :). )

7 comments:

Melinda said...

I loved that movie! Looks like it was a great weekend. Now I'm craving tacos.

Kristina P. said...

I haven't been to Rubios in ages, but their fish tacos are to die for!

Anonymous said...

I expect you to be at the airport on August 22nd, THREE kidlets in tow, and a wonderful fish taco in hand for me. Word. I miss the kiddies. :(

The Taylors said...

ppphhhh, Breanne doesn't care about the orphans when you are talking about fish tacos. (by the way I have never had a fish taco in my life)

Christa said...

busy busy busy!!! Sounds like the nesting phase is here in full force huh :) I LOVE the hair things you made!! I can't believe you've done that with all else you've bene doing!! Super mom!!!! But like I said, we do need to get together!! Meet up at the park or something! After your bambino gets here I'm assuming, but anyway.... good luck with it all!! Happy pushing if I don't talk to you before then!!

Lee said...

I love Rubios! Now I'm super hungry!
Looks like you had a fun weekend!
Come visit my blog sometime. :)

Time to Blog It Up! said...

I want to see UP,...yep I sure do. If you ever need any help, steph and I would be happy to help you out. Glad you had such a lovely day.