Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Kauai #3


Here is Trent really happy because he is on a helicopter. We decided to splurge and Trent, Scott, Kami, my parents, and I all went on a helicopter around the island. It really was worth the expense to see all the beautiful places on the island that you can't see unless you are in the air.
Here is a picture from the helicopter of The Naapali Coast
Another view from the helicopter.
This is the little shuttle we took to the airport for the helicopter ride. This was after it was over. I'm not going to lie, I was a bit freaked out at first on that helicopter. I was in the middle in the front, next to our pilot. Once they strapped me in I thought I was going to have a panic attack. I know- I'm messed up. I worked myself through it. The pilot helped because he had one of the funkiest most soothing voices I have ever heard. It was sort-of annoying sounding- but relaxing at the same time. We really should have recorded it. This picture of us on the shuttle was taken while we were having a good laugh about our pilot's weird voice.
This is at Shipwreck Beach. It was really pretty. We had climbed this really big cliff- that is where the picture was taken.
Kipu Falls. That is Trent swinging from a rope swing. It was about a 30 foot drop. He loved it.
That sums up a lot of what we did on our trip. It was a beautiful island. One of the most beautiful places I have seen.

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

It is beautful. But no way would I ever get in that helicopter. I don't like to fly in general, and especially in a tiny little aircraft.

Sally said...

I am so jealous after look through all your pictures! How fun! Some day we'll go too! The wedding looked so beautiful too!
Sally
We love the Karate Kid pic!