Wednesday, November 12, 2008

We're Back!

Trent and I just got back from my sister's destination wedding. Mike and Alissa were married on a beach in Kauai. It was a really fun, beautiful, and relaxing vacation without our little kiddos. I'll make a few posts about this trip. This first one will be the wedding.

Alissa and Mike on the beach after their wedding
Trent and I after the wedding
Getting hitched
The officiant right before the wedding
"The Fam"
Her Bouquet
They hired this musician to play some pretty Hawaiian music before, during and after the ceremony
My dad (or "boyd" as we like to call him) cooking up some of his famous steaks by the pool of our hotel. We had a dinner with Mikes family the night before the wedding.
The Grub
Here is some more of the food. I would also like to say that yes we brought most of the stuff from Utah including the silverware, those bowls, the paper products, candles, and the funky Tikki God. There is a lot more my mom made us all haul over there for the wedding including a huge Costco size box of Sun Chips she fit in my sister Breanne's suitcase. My mom said everything in Hawaii is so expensive, so she wanted to bring as much as she could so she wouldn't have to buy it there. Yeah she was crazy and we all tried talking her out of it (especially me with the Sun Chips), but she actually ended up being right and we used all the stuff she brought, including the huge box of swedish fish and trail mix from Costco.
Here is their little wedding cake. It was an ice cream cake from Cold Stone. One of my family's favorite things right now.
These were bags Alissa and Mike gave to everyone that came out for their wedding. It was a welcome to Hawaii/Thank you for coming bag. It had towels, sunblock, aloe vera, chapstick, candy, bottled water, and a cute box with directions to the wedding and an invitation to a luau.
After the wedding we all changed and went to the beach and pool at Mike and Alissa's hotel. There we rented a paddleboard and a surfboard. Actually my mom rented the surfboard. The lady kept saying to her, "Are you sure you can swim REALLY well?" Finally my mom told her, "It is either now or never." So she rented the surfboard and we laughed hysterically at her. I tried it out a little, but I spent most of the time laughing and taking pictures of her. She would kill me if I posted them, so I won't. But really, you are missing out. Here we are at a Luau the night of the wedding. Mike's mom treated everyone to a Luau to celebrate their wedding. It was an awesome day and a beautiful wedding. More to come...

7 comments:

Kristina P. said...

What a fun wedding! And her dress is GORGEOUS! Looks like a great time!

The Black Family said...

how fun! I love Alissa's dress. It looks like it all turned out beautiful. What a fun time for your whole family. I hope you guys were able to get a little vacation out of it as well. I can't wait to see more pics. I for sure need to see those pictures of Janice surfing! :)lol

Becca B said...

Thank you, Cally! It's so good to see pictures and hear all about how it went. We were thinking of you all over there in beautiful Hawaii. Wish we could have been there!

christa said...

How fun!! I'll pay you to post the ones of your mom surfing- that would be SO AWESOME :) What a cute mom you have!!

The Taylors said...

I have decided that I an a comment whore! yes, awesome wedding. I second the motion on pics of your ma surfing! (look forward to many more comments from me!!)

The Molen's said...

How fun! I love the pictures. Your right, Alissa's dress is so pretty! Mike is handsome! I love her colors and it looked so fun......uhg! I should have invited myself. Oh well, maybe when patrick gets married.....
....Your mom is the funniest person, I swear we were meant to always know each other.....I think I get my sarcasm from her. You should personally email me the pics of her surfing! PLEASE!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks so beautiful! What a great get away with out little ones.
It makes me want to be there right now.......