Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Connor the Philanthropist

The other day Connor asked me to come outside in the backyard so he could show me something. He had lined up a bunch of toys (and junk :) ) along the fence. I asked him what it was for and he said it was a store and he was selling all of those things. When I asked him what he planned to do with the money he told me, "Give it to people that don't have money". So far he has earned four dollars. If you see anything you are interested in, let him know :). Thanks! We are either going to donate it to a homeless person or to my sister's non-profit organization The Salt Lake Valley Emergency Fund.
http://www.slvef.org/



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously if that kid doesn't get into heaven we're all screwed. Just think, you and Bru were selling urine as lemonade and poo as brownies, while your child is saving the world. I hope you feel guilty. :)

LivingstonClan said...

That previous comment cracks me UP! She must be related to you. :) This is the cutest thing--never ceases to amaze me the things their little minds think up. I have some things I could add to his store!

The Taylors said...

I see something brown in the corner. I don't want to buy it. It just makes me laugh that it is there!

Melinda said...

That is so cute. What a great kid :)

Did you seriously try to sell pee and poo? I'm laughing but, EVIL!

andersons said...

I can't believe I am admitting to this (I was a little kid when this happened): The poo was dog poo we shaped to look like brownies and we were going to give it to a specific someone, but ended up not. The pee was also going to be given to someone and masked as lemonade, but thank goodness we didn't do that either. We had a very fun childhood and used to try and sell everything because we loved making money (that still hasn't changed).

Time to Blog It Up! said...

How cute is that. Sounds like he knows exactly what money is good for...to give away! I will be sure to be very leary of any brownies and lemonade from your home...hee hee. Have a great day. Tamee

audge8 said...

Callie! Your kids are sooo cute! How are you feeling? I had the oddest dream about you last night...pretty cool actually...you lived in this gigantic mansion with all of these really cool, weird rooms...anyway...really funny! (Maybe you do live in a gigantic mansion with really weird, cool rooms...) ! Hope you are doing well! We all need to get together sometime!