Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Turkey: Day #1

I got back from Istanbul a few weeks ago and have been meaning to blog a little about my trip. I am going to break it down by day. Between all of us we took 2,000 photos, so it is taking me awhile to organize them and pick a few out for my blog. We had a great trip. My favorite thing to do is to travel, especially out of the country. We live in such a big incredible world and it is so fun to learn about other cultures.


Alissa and Susan on our flight to Istanbul. We were lucky to get business class seats. It was amazing. I wish I could fly that way every time! :)
Happy to be in Istanbul.

My sister Alissa and I in The Blue Mosque.



Outside The Blue Mosque.


This little boy was on his way to be circumcised. They dress the boys up in these circumcision outfits.


Alissa in front of The Hagia Sophia.


The entrance of The Hagia Sophia.


Even the ceiling was beautiful.


Alissa, my mom's friend Susan, my mom and I.


Making a wish. (you are suppose to turn your thumb around in this hole).



The Blue Mosque from a window of The Hagia Sophia.



Finishing up at a Turkish bath. What an experience :)!


We ate sooo much good food.

Here we are at our favorite place to eat with one of our favorite waiters.


5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

What an amazing opportunity! My mother married a man from Turkey. She met him a few years ago, when she was teaching English there. They go back quite often.

Melinda said...

I saw Turkey Day and thought it was a post about Thanksgiving :) Kept wondering why you were celebrating Thanksgiving at a mosque...

It looks like an incredible trip. I'm completely jealous and plan to nag Chris to take me to Turkey some time soon ;)

Donna said...

What an experience! I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing about the rest of your trip!!

Sislers said...

Wow, looks like so much fun and tons to see.
I can't help but think about that poor boy getting circumcised at that age...ouch!

The Taylors said...

Um the food looks a-frieking-mazing . I am just sayin!