Saturday, June 26, 2010

Turkey: Day #5

Look at the picture on the board, second from the top. That one is me. They put it up to help advertise their pictures they were taking. We got a kick out of it.
Here we are as harem women.

The underground cistern.
The Archeological Museum.


Some cool stones in the museum.

One night we were at a shop we like to frequent. The store owner invited us to stay and eat dinner with him. I was kind of scared because I didn't want to get sick, but it had to be one of my favorite meals we had. It was like a lamb stew and we also had bread and yogurt (their yogurt is good there- it's just plain, not a bunch of sugar). We sat around a cedar chest with newspaper on top.

Me with the store owners cat. I hate cats and especially ones in Istanbul. I didn't want to get bit and have my trip end early to get rabies shots.

He pulled out a bunch of rugs to look at.

3 comments:

Becca B said...

That Harem Women picture is AWESOME!

Brian and Lindsey said...

Of course they used your picture as an example- you looked sexy;) Loveing all of the pics.

The Molen's said...

Considering you have the MOST beautiful eyes of anyone I know, it's no surprise they used them to advertise! ;) So cool! (and is that tiny little thing in the thumbnail Brian's baby?....so precious)