Monday, July 27, 2009

Ahoy Matey!

Connor had some neighborhood friends over for a Pirate B-Day party. This was his first friends birthday party. He had a lot of fun and we had a lot of fun planning it.

The Invitation
First the kids all decorated their own buckets with their names and pirate stickers.
Here is Trent helping Leah with her bucket.
Then the kids played "pin the treasure on the map".
The kids then found a treasure map of the yard. They took their buckets and went to different stations throughout the yard. They got something at each station (pirate hook, pirate ring, pirate bandana, pirate pencil, pirate m&m's, etc.)
Here are the little buccaneers with some of their loot.
At the end of their journey they found a treasure chest full of pirate goodies for them to share. Their buckets were overflowing.
We then enjoyed some pizza and root beer
and some pirate cupcakes.
Connor then opened gifts from his nice neighborhood buddies.

8 comments:

Melinda said...

What a fun party! You really went all out. They must have had a great time.

And, I saw your comment on my blog. My hike was nothing compared to doing Delicate Arch at 26 weeks. Maybe someday I'll be as tough as you :)

Kristina P. said...

What a great party an theme! They must have loved it.

Stephanie said...

LOVE that picture of Trent!!

Anonymous said...

Trent's shirt is cool. I'm guessing Jan got that for him?

And I'm loving Leah being part of the boys. Reminds me of my childhood. I love her cute little face.

Oh, and I want one of those cupcakes. Yum.

Becca B said...

so cool

The Molen's said...

How fun. I love the pirate idea!!

Anonymous said...

What a cute party! I planned my first one this year and it was quite stressful and fun at the same time. I will have to keep this one in mind. I know that my Michael would love it.
I love the map idea and the cute skeleton cups.

Sally said...

What a fun party Cally! Looks like all the little pirates had a blast!!
Love Trents Pirate Costume! Good job!