Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Our Love Story


Yesterday Trent and I celebrated eight years of marriage. We got my sister Breanne to babysit for us while Trent and I went to Bambara (at The Hotel Monaco in Salt Lake City) for dinner. It was yummy!
Trent and I filled out this questionnaire separately about our life together and these are our answers:

1- Where did you meet?

T- We first met at Cally's friend Jill's house. My buddies met Cally and her friends the day before at a stoplight and arranged to hang out the next day. My friends brought me along the next day.
C- His friends hit on my friends and I at a stoplight. We hung out with them a few nights later and they brought Trent.

2- What was the first thought that went through your head when you met?

T- I hope she doesn't think I am a goof.
C- I thought he was cute.
3- Do you remember what he/she was wearing?

T- Yes, striped pastel colored tee under denim overalls.
C- Yes, blue and white checkered shirt, khaki shorts with a pager and doc. marten sandals.

4- When was your first kiss?
T- We kissed several months after we met. I was a slow mover. It was in her driveway after a date.
C- Trent was one of the slowest guys I had ever dated. We had been dating awhile and I was waiting for him to make the first move.

5- How did he ask you for the first date?
T- Cally was leaving for Europe in a few days. So, while hanging out as a big group of friends, I said we should go to lunch before she left.
C- I don't know? On the phone?

6- Where did you go on your first date?

T- The Old Spaghetti Factory downtown SLC.
C- He took me to The Old Spaghetti Factory at Trolley Square.

7- How long did you know this person before you became a couple?

T- We hung out as friends for a half a year.
C- Maybe about 6 months.

8- How did you decide to get married?

T- Talking on the phone one night I made the comment that started with "when we are married". That was followed by Cally saying, "speaking of marriage, we joke about it, but have you thought about it seriously happening?" That led to the convo.
C- We had a conversation about marriage one night on the phone. Trent proposed about a month later.

9- When was the first time you realized you liked this person?

T- Hanging out with my friends and her friends July 4, 1998. We had been watching the fireworks in Farmington.
C- When I first met him. Then it grew more and more (cheesy- I know).

10-Do you get along with this person's ex?

T- I get along with all the guys Cally has dated. Well, at least the ones I have met. They are nice guys. I guess I am the only nerd she dated.
C- I don't know her. But, I met her at her wedding reception. Trent took me to it and conveniently didn't tell me exactly how they were friends.
11- What is the most expensive thing this person has given you?

T- Two wonderful children.
C- Our children.

12- What is the one thing this person does that gets on your nerves?

T- Bites fingernails. It is very loud!
C- I am easily annoyed. Poor Trent. But, one of the biggest things is leaving towels or clothes on the floor.

13- Where do you see each other 15 years from now?

T- I see myself about 50 lbs. heavier. I see us having the ability to leave the house together without procuring a babysitter.
C- I don't know if we will be here in this house, or even this state. But, I am sure we'll be enjoying our lives together. (Now that was cheesy!)

1 comment:

Sislers said...

LOL...love the "how you guys met" part, since we TOTALLY know the guys hit on us :D