Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Avenues Street Fair- The Black Market

Last weekend my mom had a booth at the Avenues Street Fair in Salt Lake. Her booth was called "The Black Market" (that's my maiden name for those of you that don't know). She makes all kinds of cute crafty things, so our family talked her into trying to sell them. She makes hand loomed beanies, funky retro aprons (the one I am wearing in this picture is made out of my Grandma's old cloth napkins), belts, baby burp cloths, cute pacifier holders, quilts, and a lot more. For the last month I have been up at her house almost everyday tying quilts, pricing items, etc. The fair was held on Saturday and went all day. It was so much fun. I loved it, even though I was pretty exhausted that night. If you want to see her stuff better just click on the photo to enlarge it. We are thinking about getting her a website and some business cards. A lot of people asked if she had a store, so that was exciting. So- if you were wondering what I have been up to lately- this is it:


























3 comments:

christa said...

That is so neat!! Have you heard of etsy.com? She should get a website on there! BTW- I love your blog Cally!! It's so fun to see your cute kids- I love the post about your son going to preschool- I can so relate to that right now :) We need to get Andrea to do her blog!! Help me nag her! :) Anyway- keep it up!
Love ya!!

Becca B said...

This was so fun to see! Thank you, Cally!

Stephanie said...

DANG IT, I totally forgot you had told me about this and wanted to go. DANG! HOw was it? I bet there were tons of cute stuff there.