Thursday, September 18, 2008

Talk Soup

Girl: What about Katrina De Voort? You could totally go out with Katrina De Voort.
Boy: No, I don't like Katrina. She smells like soup. Have you ever smelled her? I mean, her whole house smells like soup!
(This is a quote from one of our favorite movies. Leave a comment if you think you know what movie it is from).


The other night I was reading my kids a story before bed. This is the conversation I had with Connor after the story was over:

Connor: Stoop!
Me: (a little confused about what he just said, but then I figured out he was trying to get around my rules of what bad words he can't say)
You shouldn't say that because it sounds like you are saying stupid.
Connor: No it doesn't- it sounds like soup.

I burst into laughter. Couldn't argue with him there- it was as close to soup as it was to stupid.

6 comments:

christa said...

LOL!! that's awesome. Kids are so creative!

Stephanie said...

WHAT MOVIE is that from its driving me nuts!!!

Kristina P. said...

Cally, thanks for coming out of lurking! I love blog friends! I will add you to my cyber-BFF blog roll.

Your family is adorable. Looks like you live pretty close to me. I live down the street from Wheeler Farms. And that Avenues Fair looks awesome. I would like to encourage more nudity to draw people in, like at the Farmer's Market.

I'll be stalking you actively!

Sally said...

Is it Juno?
I think it's Juno? Actually Ryan guessed it but I think that's too.
So funny about what Connor said! How do they get so sneaky - trying to get around the rules.
Fun Fun!
Hey e-mail me if you guys are available for our Halloween party on the 25th. That is like the ONLY day we've got all month without something on it - and the Prim. Prog. is the next day!!

audge8 said...

Pretty sure its from "So I Married An Axe Murderer"... I will be so sad if I am wrong!!!

andersons said...

It was from Juno. A classic.