Monday, March 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Trent!




Happy Birthday Trent!
Here are ten things I love about my hubby:
1. He is a hard worker
He is very dedicated to his job and very rarely does he miss work. He works long hours and even has to work a lot from home after he gets home from work. I appreciate all the hard work he does for our family. He even commutes to work everyday on a bus and a train so our family can save money by not having an extra car.
2. He is spiritual
I love that he is a good example to me and that he fulfills his callings even when they aren't his favorite :).
3. He is a good dad
Trent loves our children and spends a lot of time playing with them. He is a very hands-on dad and doesn't just sit back and let me raise the kids.
4. He is even-tempered
It is hard to get Trent really mad. He doesn't get angry very easily. He always treats me with respect and is a great example to our kids of how to treat their spouse and how they should be treated by their spouse.
5. He is unselfish
Trent does a lot for me and our kids and he seems happy to do it. He spends a lot of time providing for our family and helping out at home. He never complains about what he could be doing instead.
6. He is supportive
Trent is always supportive of any trips, hobbies or anything I want to do. Last May I was able to go to Paris and Istanbul for a week without him and the kids. He stayed with two young kids and took care of them, while working from home, so I could go have one of the most incredible experiences of my life. A lot of husbands would never do that. I do have to add that the hug he gave me when I got home was the longest hug I have ever had in my life :).
7. He is financially responsible
I love that our bills get paid on time and that he doesn't like to go into debt. I also appreciate that he likes to save money.
8. Easy to get along with
Marriage isn't always a fairy tale, but being married to Trent isn't really that difficult either. It is just so easy to get along with him. He is generally such a happy person and doesn't demand too much. As long as he gets some food and an occasional nap he is pretty happy :). I also love that he gets along with his family and with mine.
9. Not materialistic
Of course Trent likes nice things, but he doesn't need them to be happy. He wouldn't care if his entire wardrobe was hand-me-downs. In fact I think he would be proud of it. He loves when he gets free vendor wear from suppliers at work.
10. He loves anything to do with trucks and oil
This one may sound a little strange but Trent loves trucks. He would enjoy having his CDL so he could drive one. He loves driving his mom's pickup truck that used to belong to his Grandpa. It is fun to watch how happy it makes him. Trent works for an oil company and he enjoys it (most of the time). I love his passion for his line of work and for trucks. I think it is funny. He loves it so much that he is reading a book about oil refining that he can't put down. Weird guy... :).
Happy Birthday! Hope this isn't too cheesy for you :).

5 comments:

The Taylors said...

Happy Birthday! Plus he heals himself. I don't know of many that can do that. Trent we think your totally rad. Happy Birthday.

Becca B said...

Happy Birthday, Trent!! :)
It looks like you now have a little cousin-once-removed sharing your birthday (Cameron & Sarah's Ethan).

Melinda said...

Happy Birthday :)

Why Not said...

Happy Birthday Trent...I don't think anyone could have done it as well as your wife...but I think most people will agree that you are that great!

moonchullee said...

I love Trent.